In 2010 the program arises as an opportunity to support small shrimp producers in the south of Honduras, this program begins with the agreement between some of the members of the Association of Small and Medium Aquaculturists of Honduras and Empacadora de Productos Acuaticos San Lorenzo S.A. The arrangement includes the supply of seed and inputs and later Empacadora purchases their production at fair prices. Part of the shrimp purchased from the associated program has helped to meet the requirements of several of our customers. During the years of operation, the program has marketed around 4 million pounds of head on shrimp, aiding around 30 small and medium size shrimp producers.
Currently the program has 25 shrimp associate producers, including 3 associations and 22 producers, the number of people aid by this program corresponds to 300 people, including owners, employees and their families.
Among the benefits of the program we mention:
• Post-larvae from our production lab, which is consider of an excellent quality and high survival rate.
• Shrimp Feed from recognized brands such as: Alcon, Areca and Nicovita.
• Fuel supply in certain cases.
• Supply of Lime & fertilizer
• Technical consultant staring from the seeding ending the harvest of the shrimp
• Cost of harvest (ice and transportation) covered by Grupo Granjas Marinas
• Purchase of shrimp at competitive & fair prices
• Financing of supplies and post-larvae at 0% interest rates.
Among the benefits generated by this program, we mention the support to the Association of Small and Medium Aquaculturists of Honduras and the government bank in terms of loans.